Competition is fierce in all business sectors including the legal profession. With the dawn of the internet and smartphones, lawyers and other legal professionals use the internet to market their services and expand their reach. One of the ways to do this is via expert search engine optimization (SEO) services. Multiple law firms invest their time, money and resources in SEO strategies. The aim of these services is to enhance business development and higher ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
So, how can you achieve the top ranking for your law firm website?
Select the Right Keywords
The first step in taking your law firm marketing campaign to the next level is by choosing the right keywords. You can do this by following these tips:
- Find keywords relevant to your company. You need to make sure the keywords or key phrases you select are relevant to the area of practice of your firm. Make sure you also align the choice to your practice area and geographic region.
- Select keywords on various ends of the traffic spectrum, which can be high, medium and low.
- Target low competition keywords. The fewer the law firms competing for your law firm, the easier it is to compete for that keyword. Make sure you get low-competing keywords to drive more traffic to your site.
There are various online tools that you can use to calculate for relevance and competitiveness of each keyword. You can also determine the search volume of each keyword online.
Consider On-page Optimization Strategies
Once you have your keywords sorted out, you need to use them on your law website. You need to identify the ideal places to put the keywords on the site including the title, link anchor text, subheadings and regular text. Try to limit the number of keywords for any particular page, making sure to incorporate the keywords naturally.
On-page optimization also involves having a high page-load speed. Google wants visitors to your site to find the information they are looking for as quickly as possible. Optimizing your site to load quickly helps you rank higher in search engine results.
You also need to generate content that is useful to people. The content needs to be easy to read as well.
Make Use of Off-page Optimization
Off-page optimization refers to the strategies you put in place to influence the number of incoming links from other sites. You can achieve these links using various methods such as:
- Posting useful content that other people in your niche can link to because of its value.
- Sharing your legal content on social media complete with links to your site.
- Posting marketing emails to influential people in the legal industry that will link to you.
- Being a guest blogger on relevant legal websites. Place hyperlinks within the articles to link back to your site.
The legal profession works just like any other profession – you need to get clients to survive the competition. One way to get clients is to attract visitors to your website. You can do this via SEO strategies specifically meant for the legal profession. Make sure you have the right keywords, useful content, and you perform link building.